Enroll your dog in one of our obedience training courses. From puppy class, to higher level obedience, this type of training is an essential tool for all pet parents and pooches alike!
The obedience courses are 5 weeks long. You will learn the skills needed to communicate in a language your dog understands. You are asked to commit at least 30 minutes a day to training with your dog between classes.
Obedience Training Classes
Upcoming Obedience Training Courses
Saturday, May 13th @ 1 pm FULL
Saturday, May 13th @ 2:30pm
Saturday, July 1st @ 12:30pm
Throughout the basic obedience course, you will learn the skills needed to communicate in a language your dog understands. You are asked to commit at least 30 minutes a day to training with your dog between classes.
In Basic Obedience you will learn:
- Paying attention in a distracting environment
- Sit and down
- Sit stay and down stay at a distance
- Come when called (recall)
- Loose leash walking
- Enter and exit doors with permission
- Appropriate greetings of strangers and other dogs
- Environmental socialization, including dog and people socialization
- Limit jumping, barking, mouthing, and digging
We will also teach you critical information needed to be a responsible dog owner including:
- Basic dog psychology
- Understanding how dogs learn
- How to use a food lure to shape behaviors
- Training tools and equipment education
- How to be a strong leader for your dog
- The importance of structured play
- Understanding your dog’s physical and mental needs,
- Interpreting dog behavior and body language
- How to politely greet other dogs
- How to stay safe around other dogs
DURATION: 5 weeks
PRICE: $205 + tx
- Dogs must be 6 months or older to attend
- The first class is orientation for humans only
- Bring up to date vaccination records
- Children must be at least 10 years old and accompanied by a guardian
Who is it for: From puppies to young adults, continue your canine education and deepen the bond between you and your dog.
Who it is NOT for: Dogs with specific behavioral issues that need individual care and guidance. Please visit our private training page.
Email us or call!